Totes will perform criminal background checks on each prospective Driver before the driver begins offering service. In order to protect public safety, any person who has been convicted, within the past seven years, of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, fraud, sexual offenses, use of a motor vehicle to commit a felony, a crime involving property damage, and/or theft, acts of violence, or acts of terror will NOT be approved by Totes.
Totes will obtain each prospective Driver’s driving record before the driver begins providing service. Drivers with convictions for reckless driving, driving under the influence, hit and run, or driving with a suspended or revoked license shall NOT be permitted to be a driver. Drivers may have a maximum of two points on their driving records for lesser offenses, e.g., equipment problems, speeding, or child safety seat violations.
By using the Totes Application, a Driver represents, warrants and agrees that they meet the following criteria:
– Must be 21 years of age or older.
– Must possess a valid driver’s license and be authorized to operate a motor vehicle.
– Must satisfy the criminal background and driving record requirements indicated above.
– Must be able to lift and carry items that may be up to or exceed 50 pounds.
– Must not allow any User to sit, ride, or occupy the Driver’s vehicle as part of the hauling services.
– Must own or have the legal right to operate the vehicle. Such vehicle shall be a 1999 model or newer, in good operating condition, and shall meet the industry safety standards and all applicable statutory and state department of motor vehicle or highway patrol requirements for a vehicle of its kind.
– Must maintain at all times a valid policy of liability insurance (in coverage amounts consistent with all applicable legal requirements) for the operation of a motor Driver and Driver’s Insurance Policy shall be solely responsible for and provide coverage for any and all claims or incidents, which results from or is alleged to result from the operation of the insured vehicle that such Driver uses to transport, move, relocate, or messenger items of Users, including, but not limited to personal injuries, death, and property damages.
– Must be solely responsible for reporting any accidents, claims, property damage, injuries, or other incidents in compliance with the requirements of any applicable statutory or department of motor vehicles requirements or as required by User’s insurance company. Further, Driver shall report any and all said incidents, claims, or accidents promptly with Driver’s insurance carrier.
– Must obey all laws related to the matters set forth herein, and will be solely responsible for any violations of such local laws.
– Must not make any representations regarding Totes, or the Totes Application. The Driver will not make any representations concerning the Services or Driver’s status as a Driver. The Driver will not offer or provide transportation or moving service for profit, as a public carrier, moving company, or taxi service, charge for hauls or services or otherwise seek non-voluntary compensation from Users, or engage in any other activity in a manner that is inconsistent with such Driver’s obligations under this Agreement.
– Must inspect, upon arrival, any preexisting damage that is evident of any and all items to be transported, moved, relocated, or messengered to the extent such items are already damaged. This may require taking a photo, and in the event the User claims its items were damaged in transport, the Driver will note and describe the alleged damages, photograph the same and immediately notify Totes.
– Must not transport a User’s items on any trip arranged through the Totes Application which is in excess of seventy (70) miles or that involves a trip between two states (interstate commerce).
– Must agree to provide services to Users in the vehicle that has been listed by, inspected by, and photographed by Totes.
– Must not discriminate or harass anyone on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age or sexual orientation in violation of any State or Federal Law or State or Federal Constitution.
– Must always be respectful, polite, friendly, and kind to Users, and must make reasonable effort to provide the User with the services that are expected.
Changes to this Statement
Totes will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Totes encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Totes is protecting your information.
Totes welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Totes has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Totes at:
Totes Mobile Technologies Inc
8726 S Sepulveda Blvd #D238
Los Angeles, California 90045
Effective as of September 26, 2014